Fulfill Your Wishes With Chants
In the 13th century, Nicheren Daishonin, a Japanese Buddhist reformer, studied the various teachings of Shakyamuni Buddha and came to the conclusion that the Lotus Sutra, which was preached in the final eight years of Shakyamuni’s life, was the ultimate and the highest teachings of Buddha. Though he was born as a fisherman at the time of social unrest, Nichiren did an intense study on all the sutras expounded by Buddha, and realized that the heart of Buddhist teachings is totally encompassed in the Lotus Sutra itself. This was his greatest contribution to humanity by creating a simple, yet powerful daily practice available to all the people, truly depicting the Mahayana form of Buddhism.
Nichiren’s practice is based on three things:
- Chanting of the title of the Lotus Sutra-“NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO”
This is the Universal Law of Life which allows each individual to tap into the wisdom to uncover the true Buddha nature. This is also known as the Law of the Karma, based on the Cause and Effect or the Mystic Law, since it works mystically on a person to alleviate his life condition and help evolutes as a better person.
The word NAM is a Sanskrit word for respect or to bow. MYOHO depicts the Mystic Law or the Law of Karma. RENGE means the Lotus Flower which gives the seeds at the time it blooms, which means we can expiate our karmas at the time of recitation of the lotus sutra. Whereas, KYO simply means that ‘this is said so by the Buddha’.
Chant these words from the excerpts of the Lotus Sutra, the basis of Buddhist practice, along with doing regular study and helping others to uncover their true inborn Buddha nature.
Faith, Practice and Study are the three main pillars of Nichiren type of Buddhist practice to gain benefit for oneself and others. This includes studying the Gosho (letters written by Nichiren to followers) and by chanting to the Gohonzon.
The Nichiren Daishonin’s Buddhism has spread in 196 countries all across the world and is becoming more and more popular due to its humanistic approach and peaceful profile.
- The inscription of the Mandala of the Gohonzon.
It is the fundamental object of devotion and respect for all humanity. In the centre are the characters Nam-myoho-Renge-Kyo and Nichiren’s signature. This depicts the oneness of the person with the Mystic Law. It works like a spiritual mirror to their practitioners and sitting in front of it and chanting makes a person come face to face with his true innate Buddha nature and brings wisdom, unlimited compassion and happiness to their life.
- Daily recitation of Gongyo every morning and evening.
The word Gongyo is a Japanese word and it literally means “assiduous practice” or a diligent practice persevering in faith. It contains the portions of second chapter, which is the “Expedient Means” and the sixteenth chapter, which is the “Life Span” chapter of the Lotus Sutra.
The above three fundamental daily routine consists of the Nichiren Daishonin’s Buddhist Practice.
Ways to chant Namyoho Renge Kyo
- Write down your wants in a piece of paper and place it at the altar. Sit and close your eyes and focus on your want. For example if you want to move ahead in life, think exactly what you wish to achieve. It can be anything like wanting a better life or bigger home, etc. Visualize your want to minute detail and start to chant. There is no time limit to chant.
- You can also chant in a group. This is more effective and your dwelling gets energized with positive energy emanated by the chants. It rings like music to your ears. The vibrations created by chanting this mantra pulsate all around the dwelling and sends the message into the Universe. Your wish gets fulfilled over a period of time. So, start chanting to enjoy eternal bliss in this beautiful place called world.
Using this mantra can i get my lover as my husband with my family permission?
My marriage was fixed with another guy.my family is not ready to accept my lover.is this mantra will help me to cancel this present marriage and get back my lover as my husband.or is there any another mantra needed.please rply me please
Please rply me
Hello Dear ,
Please give a mantra for getting cured and gaining confidence in dealing with matters and increase concentration.
Meow. I like cats, is it good to have a cat?