Learn About The Hare Krishna Mantra
We want to tell you about a Mantra that is very rhythmic and will inspire peace within you. All you need to do is start chanting it, and we promise you that you will experience a deep inner peace from the Hare Krishna Mantra! It has always been one of our favorites for times where we need a positive influence in our lives, and we are very happy to help teach you about it. Let us begin:
This 16 word Mantra first appeared in the Santayana Upanishad as the only solution to all the evils of Kaliyug.
Around 500 years ago, this Mantra was made famous worldwide by Chaitanya Mahaprabhu.
It is the most widely known and accepted Mantra, made especially popular by ISKCON, The International Society of Krishna Conscious.
How Can You Easily Chant The Hare Krishna Mantra?
To get quick and long-lasting benefits, you must remember to chant the Mantra in the correct way. Check out these instructions:
- Promise to devote about 15 minutes each day for praying, and stick to this for at least a month. This will help to make Mantra chanting a permanent habit, and you will benefit hugely from this.
- If you are stuck and need help, or find yourself getting bored with the chanting, in your mind link your chanting to something that inspires and motivates you. Keeping your end goal in sight when chanting can also help increase your concentration and you will feel that you get better results faster.
- When you have cultivated the habit of chanting the Mantra, create a “sankalpa”.
- A “sankalpa” is similar to a vow, or a commitment, and by acting as a reminder to your purpose, it can be an incredibly powerful force in your life.
- You should now be able to chant for longer without being distracted by external thoughts which cloud your mind.
- When all of this begins to come naturally, dedicate your mind and physical being to Lord Krishna, and you will feel overcome by a great inner state of peace and happiness.
Tell us your story about why your started chanting this Mantra, how you felt from using it, and any positive changes you experienced.
Your thoughts, ideas, advices, questions or comments are very important for us. Please share them with us. We publish your every story on our website as standalone page.
Common Mistakes Made When Chanting This Mantra
We have told you what steps to take, so try your best to make sure you follow them and avoid any mistakes. Here are some quick tips:
- The pronunciation of this Mantra is extremely important. Say Hare and not Haare, as Haare means lost in Hindi. Because of this error, your Mantra will translate to “I have lost the Gods Krishna and Rama” which makes no sense, and we doubt you would would gain anything from chanting this anyway!
- Remember that you are chanting this Mantra to ask for blessings by a God and not because you are doing the Deity any favours. Avoid distractions and be completely focused and mindful on your prayer.
- Using this Mantra for selfish or greedy reasons will result in no effect. You must have within your heart a pure desire, or need to find inner peace so that you may spread this peace and positivity around the world.
Tips For Chanting This Mantra With Maximum Effectiveness
- Complete devotion to the Deity is the primary requirement when you chant this Mantra.
- There are no specific rules as such, but using your full concentration and praying during the morning time is generally recommended.
- Any Mantra, when chanted 108 times, will have the best effect. Continuous chanting 16 times will also bring good results as fast as possible.
- You can even use melodies or rhythms when chanting this Mantra to make it easier, but make sure that your pronunciation is intact.
A Final List of “Do’s and Dont’s”
- Don’t give up! These Mantras are not overnight magic tricks. They have a powerful effect when used consistently for long periods of time. Even if you do not see the results you wish immediately, do not stop! Stick with the Hare Krishna Mantra and you will find that the changes you desire will come.
- You can even perform this chant sitting together in a group to feel positive vibrations, and benefit from everyone else’s concentration.
- You should never mock or make fun of holy Mantras. These are ancient tools of worship, used for over hundreds of years, and as such they deserve your respect.
- Years ago, this mantra was used by hippies who would chant it when taking drugs. Such bad habits are discouraged and should not be associated with speaking the name of a God.
- Meat and other non-vegetarian food are strongly discouraged, especially near the time of your prayer, because meat is considered impure and abstaining from it will cleanse your aura and help create a deeper spiritual awareness, thus making your Mantras more powerful.
Find Out About Other Mantras:
Home > Hare Krishna Mantra