The Mahamrityunjaya Mantra – Improve
Your Physical and Mental Health
Use this mantra to look within yourself. In this article let us simplify the Mahamrityunjaya Mantra for you, and you can use it to simplify your life!
Are you suffering from physical issues or medical problems?
Do you feel like negative forces are conspiring against you, like you are being plotted against by those who wish ill upon you?
Are you afraid of falling terminally ill, or afraid that your family or loved ones might suffer an untimely death?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you are in the right place. The Mahamrityunjaya hymn is the right prayer to improve the quality of your life. Whereas the Gayatri Mantra is meant for purification and spiritual guidance, the Mahamrityunjaya Mantra is traditionally used to accelerate the healing process, help rejuvenate the soul and to nurture the body.
This Mantra is related to very aggressive form of Lord Shiva. That’s why its practice should be done very carefully or in supervision of some expert person (Guru or master)
Use The Following Steps To Instantly Bring You Power and Energy
- You may recite this Shiva Mantra for the protection of your masculinity.
- Reciting it when taking your daily bath can improve your overall physical wellbeing.
- Tradition states that chanting it before drinking a glass of milk can also positively affect your physical health.
- Offering “dhatura” (hemlock) to Lord Shiva before beginning your prayers will bring you happiness and good luck.
- Should you recite it while offering water to the Sun, your energy levels will be greatly boosted.
- Keep this Mantra in mind when going on a journey, or if travelling long distances, as it will protect you from harm and misfortune.
- Mantra chanting does not always have to be spoken out loud. You can recite your prayers in your mind when you visit your loved ones who are ill or suffering. Offer the patient water while you pray – this can help to speed up their recovery.
History and Significance of the Mahamrityunjaya Mantra
According to the most common version of the story of this mantra, originally Rishi Markandeya, and ancient sage of the Hindu religion, was the only person to know this prayer. The story goes that one day Chandra, the lunar God, was in trouble after having been cursed by King Daksha. Rishi Markandeya gave the Mahamritryunjaya Mantra to Daksha’s daughter, a girl called Sati, to be able to pray for the Moon.
Other versions of the story state that this is actually the Bija Mantra that was revealed to Rishi Kahola that originally was bestowed upon Rishi Sukracharya by Lord Shiva. Rishi Sukracharya then taught the prayer to Rishi Dadhichi which reached the Shiva Purana through King Kshuva.
This mantra (also written as: maha mrityunjaya or mahamrityunjay) can be referred to in several different ways: It is often known as the Rudra mantra, which refers to the furious aspects of Lord Shiva. It is sometimes called the Mrita-Sanjivini mantra because it is a part of the “life-restoring” practice that was given to Rishi Sukracharya. Finally, it can also be found as the Tryambakam mantra, which relates to the three eyes of Lord Shiva.
Chanting this mantra has traditionally been known to create positive physical, mental and emotional benefits. Often thought of as a moksha mantra, this prayer is believed to help promote longevity.
This mantra is addressed to Lord Shiva and can help to prevent the untimely death of you or your loved ones.
How Can You Get The Most Out Of The Mahamrityunjaya Mantra?
Begin your prayers on a spiritually auspicious day as outlined in the scriptures. Mahashivratri, Pradosh day and Mondays are the best options to choose from.
However, the day that suits YOU best depends on your lifestyle and personal preferences. On the selected day, sit on a woollen cloth or “kushaasan” facing East or North. Light a “diya” or ceremonial lamp, and use pure cow ghee.
Mantras are more effective when chanted in a yogic pose. For the Mahamrityunjaya Mantra, adopt “Sukhasana” or “Padmasana”. Using “rudraksha” (counting) beads will help you count iterations and allow you to focus on the chanting.
As this Mantra is extremely powerful and invokes a particularly aggressive form of Lord Shiva, you need to make sure that when chanting, you are in a completely “satwik” and pure prayer area.
You must also ensure that you stick to the prayer routine. This hymn needs to be chanted 125000 times. If you do not have any assistance, you should attempt to recite it 1000 times a day to successfully complete prayers in 125 days.
Ideally, prayers should be completed in 84 days. It is thus advisable to approach Brahmins or priests to help you achieve this goal in a timely manner. On the last day, you must also perform a ceremonial “hawan” or “tarpan”.
Ask your guru or spiritual advisor to teach you its pronunciation to increase effectiveness and reduce the potential for you to make mistakes.
The total count of the chants varies for different purposes:
- If you are praying to rid yourself of fear: 1100 times.
- To improve health and remove disease: 11000 times.
- For children, healthy growth and development, and protection from untimely death: 125000 times.
The Mahamrityunjaya Mantra appeals to a very violent and aggressive form of Lord Shiva, and thus, you must be very careful when praying to this avatar.
- It is extremely potent, and errors during prayers or chanting can cause adverse effects.
- You must maintain complete faith, dedication and reverence when chanting.
- Praying in a state of physical and mental purity will greatly enhance the benefits you reap from this, whilst not ensuring this may cause harm.
Every Mantra is unique and affords special benefits to those who chant it with full faith and
dedication. The Mahamrityunjaya is like this too – if you adopt all the correct and necessary measures, infinite power will be yours.
Failure to adopt the best practices when praying may bring negative results. It is thus advisable to chant it in the supervision of a spiritual advisor.
Want to know how you can effectively use this Mantra to gain its full benefits? Do you want expert guidance to ensure you are chanting this Mantra with the perfect pronunciation and technique? Find all the help you need with our Guided Mantra Chanting Program!